I’m way behind on this post. I was tagged several times. I started this post a while ago, and yet I just didn’t get it done. To those that tagged me I apologize for my delay. I am answering the questions of my friend Donna at Beating Limitations.
1) Post these rules.
2) Post 11 random things about yourself.
3) Answer the questions set for you in the post of those who tagged you.
4) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5) Go to their blog (or email them or tweet them) and tell the people you tagged that you’ve tagged them.
6) No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You legitimately have to tag 11 people
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I was in the Army for 6 weeks. When I was 19 I was a little ‘lost’ and didn’t know if college was for me. I signed up for the Army. After signing up I told my parents, I think they were relieved I would be moving out : ) After 4 weeks my leg started giving out and the doctors informed me that I had congenital hip dysplasia. (yes, like the dogs get!) I was medically released and left on graduation day. It was a short stint but I sure learned a lot about myself during those 6 weeks.
2. I gave up negative self talk for Lent. A wonderful friend who happens to be my coach pointed out that this has become a problem for me so I am giving it up for Lent and hopefully forever.
3. I am a PK. My mom went back to school after we were all done with college and studied long and hard to become a pastor. My husband is also a PK. Although he has been a PK his whole life and I didn’t become a PK until I was 36 I think I lived up to the stereotype much more.
4. I am a horrible housekeeper and that’s ok. Our house is horribly messy and honestly 95% of the time it doesn’t really bother me. I’d rather spend time doing stuff I love than mop the floor.
5. It took me 7 years to graduate from college. Although I consider myself very smart I have never been a good student. College was very hard for me and it took me 3 years of playing around before I believed in myself enough to really apply myself.
6. I LOVE to read. I will read a book all day and night until I finish if I get into it. If I don’t love it I will often just stop reading it. I am so very grateful that both my children inherited my love of reading.
7. I’ve been to a nude beach. I was tagged by a couple of people and this was one of the questions from somebody. So yes, I have been to a nude beach and yes, I got naked, and yes, I loved it. Thankfully it was on a small island where I will never ever see those people again but I would do it again in a heartbeat!
8. Even though I detest Ironman as a company I still love my big bold tattoo. It represents all the hard work and helps me mark 10 years of marriage to my best friend. Even though I will never race an Ironman brand race again I will cherish my tattoo forever.
9. I have a bit of a TV addiction. I don’t watch daytime shows or anything but I love my nights spent wasting away infront of the TV. My favorite shows are Once Upon a Time, Glee, Modern Family and House. Most of these (except House) I watch with my daughter since my husband doesn’t like TV.
10. I had never had stitches before I had my hysterectomy last year. Somehow I made it though childhood and adolescence without ever needing stitches. Neither of my kids have had stitches either. I guess we are just lucky!
11. I have an inherited sense of wanderlust. My grandfather loves to travel (he’s 90!), my parents love to travel and I just love go and do and see as much as I can! I plan on taking my kids everywhere I possibly can and exposing them to as much of the world as I can afford to.
Answers to Donna’s Questions:
1. When was the last time you went to McDonalds and what did you order? I can only eat apples and ice cream at McDonalds since everything else has gluten in it. I am sure it was ice cream if I was ordering one of those two : )
2. When it comes to food, are you a sweet or savoury lover? Yes. I go back and forth depending on the day. Some days I can eat an entire bag of chips, some days I can’t resist the candy at the grocery check out.
3. Coffee or tea? I can not start my day without coffee. I drink way too much but I love the stuff.
4. What is your favourite “go to” “easy to make from scratch” meal? I love a great gluten free mac and cheese.
5. What did you study at university and does it relate to your current job? I got a degree in History with a minor in PolySci. This has absolutely nothing to do with timing triathlons.
6. What is one race (sporting event) that you want to do in your life – a bucket list race, so to speak? I honestly don’t have one right now. I used to want to go to Kona but have lost my love for all things WTC so I’m still coming up with this!
7. Can you explain to me why Lululemon is considered controversial? I thought it was just a brand of (mostly yoga) clothing. I have absolutely no idea!! I have a Lululemon jacket that is amazing, but honestly didn’t even know the company was controversial!
8. What is your most favourite travel memory? St. Martin with my hubby for our 10th wedding anniversary. See number 7 above.
9. Airport security – a necessary evil, or just plain evil? I will go with necessary evil. I wish people were kind and could be nice and get along and we didn’t need things like airport security but alas, we do.
10. Do internet and personal privacy matters ever worry you? I think they probably should but I don’t really think much about it.
11. Would you rather have time or money? Time.
Because I am way behind and this has been around all the blogs I am not tagging folks. Everyone I asked had already done it. I am a rule breaker (see # 6 in the rules).